YouTube Donation Cards Q&A
Early in 2016, YouTube announced the launch of their Nonprofit Program. The program includes perks such as video production access, email support, and the most exciting feature—Donation Cards. With Donation Cards, nonprofits can prompt viewers to donate to their cause in the moment when they are watching a video. The best news? Nonprofits receive 100% of all funds raised. Google will cover any processing fees associated with each transaction.
We’ve compiled a list of common Q&As to help you get started.
How do Donation Cards work?
- Donation Cards appear as calls-to-action on your videos and allow viewers to donate easily.
- Not sure how this looks like? Check out this short intro video.
How do I sign-up for the Google for Nonprofits program?
- If you haven’t already, create a YouTube channel for your nonprofit and apply to the Google for Nonprofits program.
- Sign into your Google for Nonprofits account and enroll by clicking on “Sign up now.”
- Finish enrollment by entering your YouTube Channel ID.
How do I get a Donation Card?
- Create a short video focused on a specific fundraising effort.
- Make sure your video prompts your viewers to click on the info icon to donate.
- Add a Donation Card!
How do I increase donations?
- Be specific about how your organization will use donations (i.e., $10 = a day of food).
- Provide a link to your campaign for more info.
- Share and spread the word. Need tips? Check out the Donation Card Outreach Toolkit.
When will I get my money?
- YouTube partner, Network for Good, a US nonprofit donor-advised fund, will distribute all the funds raised to your nonprofit at the end of each month.
Have more questions? Let us know!